On Sunday, he said he would pick Rush Limbaugh over former secretary of state Colin L. Powell as a model for the Republican Party and virtually wrote his onetime colleague out of the GOP.- As Cheney Seizes Spotlight, Many Republicans Wince
That says so many things.
1) Cheney's crazy.
- and he is completely incapable of evaluating Powell and Limbaugh's skills as politicians.
2) He has no idea what regular Republicans want to hear (I hope!).
- nor does he know what the general population wants to hear.
3) He's so right-wing. No surprise there.
forgot to say:
4) He's pretty cold. I think Powell got pretty burned by the Bush Administration to begin with, and Cheney's just stepping in open wounds.
An amusing addendum:
Jesse Ventura's say:
"You look at Dick Cheney who ran and hid [from the Vietnam war draft]," Ventura said. "I have no respect for Dick Cheney. I have tremendous respect for General Powell."
Waterboarding, Ventura said, "is torture... It's drowning... I'll put it to you this way, you give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders".