Monday, September 24, 2012

editing my stuff

My closet is certainly crying out for a good weed-out.

But it takes discipline to be able to do this kind of thing.  After months of deliberation, I finally threw out two pairs of uncomfortable shoes.  Shoes!  I threw out shoes!  Even though I live in the land of "larger than 24.5 cm (8.5 U.S.) is for specialty Big-N-Tall retailers, and even 24 cm (8 U. S.) means the cute styles are out," I threw out shoes that are my size!  But it is hard to hide from the fact that a shoe is uncomfortable, and I succumbed to that reality this past weekend.

However, I do have three pairs of uncomfortable shoes which are clinging on thanks to the fact that they are too new/pretty/adorable to throw away.  They know their time is limited though!  The next time I move, I will probably have to throw out two of the pairs.  The third pair (sparkly gunmetal sandals) really is still too pretty to throw out - it is unmatched in my (meager) collection.

As they say, it's all about stopping before you start - don't buy unnecessary things to begin with.

My clothes are in more dire need of a weed-out than my shoes, as they are overflowing my closet.  Right now, I've finally moved some items to the hit list:
* burgundy dress - I used to love this dress so it's hard to get rid of, but I've come to realize that it isn't that flattering.  It exposes the muffin top, y'know?
* indigo skirt - it's a gorgeous soft cotton, but it's just not flattering.* long pink skirt - super flattering, but the material is prone to balling up and the pattern is a rather ugly one.
* over-sized blue fleece jacket that I've never really liked (the fleece is a bit rough) but have held on to for years because it is useful
* a flowing purple top - again, not flattering.

* grey plaid over-sized shirt - again, just not that flattering, although it's a great coverup... argh.  I don't know why it's so hard to throw this thing out, even though I've been thinking about it for a year.
* 2 washable summer hats (got a new one that fits better and is bigger for 240 yen)
* a variety of pantyhose in ugly greys and too dark sheers.

More to come!  Hopefully sooner than later.  Let's talk about bags later.  Yes, later.  I promise.

No comments: