Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Checking out Poshmark

Poshmark is a shopping platform for individuals to sell to individuals - mostly for women's clothing and accessories. I joined as tonkotsu to get rid of items that are too nice to donate but that don't belong in my closet.  For a great summary about Poshmark and advice on how to sell on there, check out Wardrobe Oxygen's post.

I'd describe it as virtual thrifting through other people's closets.

As a shopping experience it seems pretty good - I haven't actually bought anything yet but it's pretty easy to find items and filter based on my size, etc. For browsing it's a bit more random as it's hard to have a quality feed. I find it better to pick a category or brand and browse through the results. I get the impression that there is more supply than demand since a lot of items are pretty cheap but still for sale - midrange designer jeans like AG Adriano Goldschmied are available in my size for less than $30. The reasonable prices make it really tempting to buy things that I don't need.

For selling it's been slow - there are a lot of people on the platform so it's hard to find your customer.  Fortunately the search is pretty good.

I did notice that trying to take photos from a tablet was terrible but that probably was a quirk of the Samsung Nexus 10 camera I was using. The app would enlarge the photo and auto-center it so that my item was off-center. And there were restrictions on image height and width so I couldn't zoom to fix the image. I haven't had issues when using my Android phone though.

Get a $10 credit when you join Poshmark with code: PLVPP. I get a credit too if you use this code.

On the music front, new music from Kiley Dean:


So great to hear new stuff from her!

No comments: