Friday, May 27, 2005

false history

I had an interesting discussion about the perception of history, so I started researching historical inaccuracies. I'm starting with American History.

I'm working through a very interesting paper on the separation of church and state as it is popularly called. The author of the paper states that the U.S. Constitution actually calls for "the separation of religion and state."

I remember holding a little copy of the Constitution, but certainly haven't read all of it. I should take another look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I must have just finished reading the article, or a similar one and stumbled upon this entry while continuing my research. It will be interesting to see what you come up with. It all comes down to what you choose to believe.

"If no one is left to say it was a lie, then why shouldn't it be considered truth?"

kuri* said...

I think you're right, it's completely an issue of what you choose to believe. I actually haven't finished that article yet; I really should. I found it interesting in particular because I think the separation of religion and state is vital for individual freedom. Which indicates how I have been influenced by the concept of fundamental rights.