Wednesday, April 22, 2009

materialism: O.P.I. and Essie in Shinbashi, Tokyo

So, wandering around in random electronics stores can pay off!

I was looking for a DVD player and went to LABI (Yamada Denki) 生活館 (Household Goods Building) in Shinbashi at lunch today.

As expected, they didn't have DVD players at their Household Goods Building (they were at the Digital Building), but they did have a nice selection of discounted cosmetics.

A group of Asian tourists (mostly men) were looking at the Integrate products, leaving me free to browse the neat aisle of Kate products and be surprised by the selection of O.P.I. and Essie nailpolish available for 1200 yen and above. One set of O.P.I. polishes was priced at 1890 yen, but most stuff was 1200 yen or so, which is almost U.S. prices. It's the first time I've seen O.P.I. that inexpensive in Japan, and the pricing of Essie is definitely less expensive than at Plaza stores.

They also had a selection of Lancome, Orlane, Clarins skin care products and some YSL and Givenchy cosmetics and skin care products (lipsticks, eyeshadows, meteorites, powders, foundations, etc.). Some various mascara products available too.

Anyway, if I must have an O.P.I. or Essie polish, I will come here. I'm sure the color selection is limited and old, but the prices are very reasonable.

No comments: