Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year in Tokyo

Mine was pretty low-key.

New Year's evening is the one day of the year where the trains run all night. Despite that, we just did an impromptu bbq and made sukiyaki and watched The Last Samurai. Such a waste. I slept a ton; perhaps I caught up on a year's deficit of sleep. I was practically hibernating. Very relaxing, but once again I feel like I missed out on the New Years' sales! I did go shopping for a little bit, but just got gifts for other people.

Ah well. Probably a good thing, as I don't really need more stuff.

Now that it's a new year, I need to get all my charms from last year properly disposed of. I'll have to keep an eye out for such events at the local temple. Apparently the shrines + temples do simple disposal events; you can't just throw old charms out.

No comments: