Sunday, June 01, 2014

Biwa and sento

I ate some refreshing 枇杷(びわ) loquat today, and being prompted to wonder if there was a popular way to eat them, I found some information online.  I didn't know that the seeds had amounts of cyanide in them!

In other news, I went to my local sento recently.  Relaxing, even in this hot weather.  As I was leaving, I noticed a Caucasian lady also using the busy sento.  I was half inclined to make a casual comment to her in English, but wasn't sure if she would be disturbed to be addressed while naked (as everyone is).

So I went on my merry way home.  That was the first time I visited the sento feeling like I knew what I was doing, and able to look the cashier in the eye.  As I left I also said thank you without feeling particularly self-conscious.  Milestones!

No comments: