Sunday, October 18, 2015

Musing: on the difficulty of discarding makeup that I don't love


I am having extreme difficulty discarding makeup no matter how useless it is.

I have many products that I can make work with a little effort.  But I have products that I absolutely love, and the mediocre products just take time away from the ones I love.  Considering the volume of makeup that I have, I could get rid of the mediocre products and still have plenty of variety to enjoy in my stash.

However, for the life of me, I can't seem to let go of the products that are just ok.  I'll try just putting the subpar products into a box and see if I can just let go of the box some day.

2 comments:

D. said...

Hi kuri,

I totally have that problem too, which is why I pass on what I don't reach for to family friends now (after sanitizing them, of course). Many of the items I've passed on thus far have only been swatched for my blog and/or brand spanking new, because I just couldn't get around to photograph and review them, or that moment just passed and that was that.

Wait, are you in Tokyo?!?

Cheers,
D.

kuri said...

Hi D,

Sadly not in Tokyo :(
Sometimes still have access to cosmetics though :D But all of this is here is accumulated over time...
Unfortunately my family and friends mostly aren't interested in makeup, you know? One friend did take my blush though, yay!