Monday, April 12, 2010

food, beauty, music

* Wow, I'm liking Kelis's new song 22nd Century. She's sounding great live.

* I need to pick up more copies of Tina's maxi single (or is it a mini album?) Pride. Looking forward to seeing her live on the 24th! It's going to be awesome.

* Vacation planning takes a lot of time. I always end up spending too much money because of time constraints. Darn you Tokyo airports with limited flights!

* Drugstores are total time sinks for me. I step into one, and bam! I lose 1/2 an hour to an hour instantly. Ugh, infinitely entertaining.

* Tried Frijotles in Azabu-Juban, a burrito place. Nice and relaxing. I thought the fajita burritos were okay. They looked better than they tasted. The chile-corn salsa could have been more flavorful. They make the salsa chips on the premises, so they're great! But the guacamole is a bit bland. They're pretty generous with the chunks of avocado though.

* Tried a sample of Kanebo Doltier Selective Fluid in Ochre-C. I believe Doltier is one of Kanebo's older brands. The foundation seems light but I can feel that I'm wearing it. The coverage seems light-medium but you can layer it a bit. It covers my redness up somewhat - good around my nose but not so effective around my cheeks. The finish is very natural - not matte, not dewy, just very nice and natural. Not much seeping into wrinkles or dry spots so far.
I'm half-heartedly looking for a good liquid foundation, but powder foundation is pretty effective for me so I'm not in much of a hurry. I'll just finish all my samples and my existing foundations first. &Face has a very nice cream-to-powder foundation, but I'm not convinced that there aren't cheaper alternatives for me. It has good coverage though.

* I've started using my Ecotools portable brush set; so far I quite like it! The quality seems a bit more reliable than Essence of Beauty, although my Essence of Beauty taklon brushes are quite nice and soft. The Ecotools eyeshadow brushes are good for applying my shimmery summer shadows lightly.

No comments: