Thursday, April 22, 2010

Restaurant Review: Aagra アグラ インドレストラン & バー

Hakusan holds one of my favorite Indian restaurants in Tokyo.
The chef and staff are actually Nepalese, but the Indian curry they make is fantastic.

The butter chicken is one of my favorites, but the regular chicken curry is pretty great too.
They can do it pretty spicy here. The menu lets you choose between mild, medium, and hot, but you can get it twice as hot if that's the way you roll. I tend to go for mild or medium if I want a bit of spice.

The naan here is pretty fluffy and tasty.
The Indian restaurant in Hamadayama may have slightly tastier naan, but the naan here is nothing to be ashamed of.

They have a nice selection of appetizers and other dishes, and there is a daily curry special - the chicken and eggplant curry appears regularly and is highly recommended, but you can't go wrong with their other curries.

If only they'd add kheer (rice porridge-like sweet dessert) to the menu, it'd be perfect.

For now, I'll keep going to Nataraj in Ginza for my kheer fix.

Nirvanam in Kamiyacho is another of my favorite Indian places.

東京都文京区白山1-31-5 セントヒルズ白山 1F
都営三田線・白山駅より234m
営業時間: 11:00~23:00
ランチ営業
03-3813-2766

No comments: