Wednesday, November 25, 2009

materialism: consumerism

I took a look at Majolica Majorca's holiday collection last night.

The Secret Lingerie sparkly scented body cream seems rather nice with mild sparkle and a pleasant scent. It's quite a lot of cream too; I'm not sure I'd be able to use it up. Actually, I'm quite unlikely to be able to use it up unless I use it every day during the winter!

The sparkly powder in the collection was a bit disappointing though - the powder leaves a whitish cast on the skin which is quite noticeable if skin is a bit dry - it'd be difficult for me to use, although the sparkle is rather subtle.

The palettes are cute and the pigmentation of the eyeshadows is pretty good. The dark shade is only slightly powdery, and the lighter shade is rather smooth and shimmery. I found the purple shades to be a bit nicer than the grey ones in softness, but that could be my imagination. The glittery gloss is not really useful, but the pigmented gloss is useable.

Tempting, but I think I'll pass. I just don't need more glosses, and I could buy a regular MM quad palette for the same price.

I may pick up the body cream though.

No comments: