Friday, February 27, 2015

Update on Addiction "Last Scene" lipstick

I'm still in love with the warm red color of Addiction "Last Scene", but I have come to realize that I like a slightly glossy finish.  Not a fan of matte.  While the lipstick looks great topped with a gloss, the drier texture of this lipstick just doesn't appeal to me.  I don't think I'll repurchase this.  Maybe I'll let myself buy the Revlon Balm in Romantic after I use up "Last Scene".
 
I love the way glosses look, although I've come to realize that it's easier to apply lipstick than apply gloss.  Yes, those few seconds really matter, somehow.  So, liquid lipsticks really work for me - the gloss factor and the color factor.  Right now I only have 2 liquid lipsticks:
1) Shiseido Lacquer Rouge 資生堂ラッカールージュ RD 413, the perfect bright, warm red
2) Coffret d'Or Bright Up Rouge (Creamy Liquid) コフレドールブライトアップルージュ(クリーミィリキッド)OR-110, a cheerful coral-orange that I think has a good amount of white pigment in it.

As I use up some of my beige lipsticks, I'll probably add a nice tan color to my liquid lipsticks.  Sigh, the road to a new lipstick purchase is quite long, but it has been fun to find out ways to use my current, less beloved lipsticks.

* Note, these mint m&ms are pretty tasty.  I do like mint chocolate...  Interestingly, the dark chocolate m&ms are not as yummy as the regular chocolate ones.

No comments: