Saturday, April 26, 2008

One of my favorite songs of all time: "Kiss Me Here"

ここでキスして。(koko de kiss shite./Kiss Me Here) by 椎名林檎(Shiina Ringo) is one of my favorite songs of all time. She apparently wrote this song when she was 18 or so. Her performance here as part of the band 東京事変 (Tokyo Jihen) is brilliant. It's such a far cry from the cookie cutter performances of the regular J-pop stars. I first caught the performance (available on Tokyo Jihen's live DVDs) on TV late at night and was entranced by the sheer power of Shiina's stage presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could understand the very beginning of the song, but the rest was ((-:*¶&‡:p¥øπ∑>:((≈ß!!!
Is she singing in Chinese or something?

kuri* said...

lol. Um, the parts I can understand are in English and Japanese...

http://music.goo.ne.jp/lyric/LYRUTND11129/index.html